Have you finished a novel manuscript? Wondering what to do next?
Fix Your Damn Book! is a self-help manual for writers who have finished a manuscript – a novel, novella, short story, or serial – and who want to self-edit their work to a professional standard and get it on the market.
In this instructional and occasionally hilarious book, James Osiris Baldwin – an author and editor with over 8 years of experience as a freelance and staff editor – explains his technique for painlessly and successfully polishing your manuscript to a perfect glow.
Fix Your Damn Book! will guide you through:
– The seven essential components of successful editing
– Getting into the right headspace to edit your own work
– Objectively diagnosing problems in your manuscript
– The secrets of developmental editing and line editing
– Hacks for sharpening your story, character, and dialogue
– Grammar, spelling, punctuation, passive voice and tense
– Recruiting and making the most out of your first readers
– Proofreading and publishing your finished book
If you want to write faster, edit stronger, master the craft of storytelling, and ensure your book is something to be proud of before you put it on the market, Fix Your Damn Book! is the how-to book for you.